There are no Employment opportunities at this time.
Interns work with program staff to support all aspects of the California Center’s work. Specific duties are based upon the skills and knowledge of each individual intern.
Duties may include the following:
- Conducting research and writing issue and policy briefs on current policy issues
- Assisting with the development of materials, including text, design and production
- Assisting with program logistics
- Conducting media outreach, supporting communications including: updating Cal Center’s website, Facebook, YouTube, and Flikr
- Taking and editing video of programs and activities
- Developing and facilitating sessions during trainings and conferences, and
- Providing general office support.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects and relationships
- Interest in or prior experience with government, public policy and advocacy
- Knowledge of web based communications tools
- Knowledge of media outreach and skills in writing media outreach materials
- A desire to work with high school students
- An interest in current issues, health issues, specifically obesity prevention, access to health care and women’s health issues
- A commitment to improving skills and knowledge through cooperative work with staff and youth.
Apply today! Click here to download our Internship_Application.
If you are a student interested in public policy issues or the world of state politics this is a great opportunity for you. You’ll be in a position to meet other young people from around California, and work with them to make positive changes in their communities. If you are looking for a way to become more involved in your community, and have some fun while doing it, start here!
Our diverse, professional office environment is a great place to sharpen your existing communications and computer skills. You’ll be doing online research and other internet tasks, learning and using phone skills, and if you are a whiz at social networking, even better! We look for volunteers who have a desire to learn and enthusiasm for our work.
Get involved with the California Center! We welcome your input and assistance with our work. Contact us today at 916-443-2229 to find out more.